Thursday, November 11, 2010

Where are the PR professionals for Brazilian Blowout??

After my interview I visited my sister's salon in New York City, Marie Robinson.  


As I was getting my hair cut I was chatting with my stylist Abbey about a treatment/product I use on my hair called Brazilian Blowout.  What this treatment does is take the frizz and curl out of your hair.  When you are younger, your hair is silky and less frizzy because of the amount of keratin it produces.  As you grow up, your hair looses keratin and gets courser and frizzier.  This treatment puts the keratin back in your hair.


Abbey told me that the Brazilian Blowout brand of this product is being BANNED


 "On Oct 7th/2010 Health Canada released a warning regarding the Brazilian Blowout process or more specifically the professional solution used in the treatment. It turns out that despite the manufacturers claims that the product was formaldehyde free, Health Canada’s has tested the product and found it to contain formaldehyde."


The reason I am linking this crazy scary news with PR is because in the midst of this happening in Canada, people in the U.S. are still getting this treatment done. . . .as we speak and as you are reading this!  Eew.


If that statement was released on October 7th, I got my last treatment on October 9th!  Maybe their PR professionals should do a better job about informing their publics.  The one thing my stylist mentioned related my PR career was, of course, a negative idea of a PR team. 


 Come on professionals- lets do our research and our jobs!

No comments:

Post a Comment